7 So Jesus again said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
(John 10: 7,10)
HYMNS FOR THE WEEK
- Opening Hymn “Lord, This Day We’ve Come to Worship” (LSB 911)
- Hymn of the Day “The King of Love My Shepard Is” (LSB 709) Text under “show more” in video.
- Communion Distribution Hymns
- “Lord Jesus Christ, Life-Giving Bread” (LSB 625)
- “Christ, the Word of God Incarnate” (LSB 540)
- “I Am Jesus’ Little Lamb” (LSB 740) Text under “show more” in video.
- “Savior, like a Shepard Lead Us” (LSB 711)
- “You Satisfy the Hungry Heart” (LSB 641)
- “O Little Flock, Fear Not the Foe” (LSB 666)
- “Have No Fear, Little Flock” (LSB 735) Text here.
- Closing Hymn “The Lord’s My Shepard, I’ll Not Want” (LSB 710)
fourth sunday in easter
HE HAS RISEN, HE HAS RISEN INDEED, ALLELUIA!
As part of the year-long celebration of the 175th Anniversary of the St. James congregation, we welcome The Rev. Dr. Rick Stuckwisch, Indiana District President into our midst.
Pastor Stuckwisch has served his entire pastorate at Emmaus Lutheran Church in South Bend and continues to do so, though in a limited capacity and as his responsibilities as President allow. Before being elected as President of the Indiana District, he served as First Vice President of the District.
Pastor Stuckwisch earned his M.Div and STM from Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne and his PhD from Notre Dame University in South Bend.
On a personal note, Pastor Stuckwisch and his wife, LaRena, attended Concordia University in Seward, Nebraska with Terri — and our oldest daughters are just months apart in age. I am blessed to call Pastor Stuckwisch a friend. He truly has the heart of a pastor and serves in the Church faithfully. It is a joy to have him with us this morning. Let us pray that God will bless him and us through his proclamation of the Word of God to us.
Collect of the Day
Almighty God, merciful Father, since You have wakened from death the Shepherd of Your sheep, grant us Your Holy Spirit that when we hear the voice of our Shepherd we may know Him who calls us each by name and follow where He leads; through the same Jesus Christ, Your Son, our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever.