In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? (John 14:2)
HYMNS FOR THE WEEK
- Opening Hymn “Come, You Faithful, Raise the Strain” (LSB 487) Text here.
- Hymn of the Day “At the Lamb’s High Feast We Sing” (LSB 633) Text under “show more” in video.
- Communion Distribution Hymns
- “The Church’s One Foundation” (LSB 644) Text here.
- “Now All the Vault of Heaven Resounds” (LSB 465) Text under “show more” in video.
- “I know that My Redeemer Lives” (LSB 461) Text under “show more” in video.
- “Jesus, Thy Boundless Love to Me” (LSB 683) Text here.
- “Evening and Morning” (LSB 726) Text here.
- “Lord, Take My Hand and Lead Me” (LSB 722)
- Closing Hymn “You Are the Way; Through You Alone” (LSB 526)
fifth sunday in easter
HE HAS RISEN, HE HAS RISEN INDEED, ALLELUIA!
Home is where the heart is. There’s no place like home. Home, sweet home. Sayings like this make one thing clear—We cherish our homes. Home is safe. Home is comfortable. Home is the place where we gather with the ones we love the most. Home is where things are just right.
In his poem, “The Death of the Hired Man,” Robert Frost gives two descriptions of what a home is. One voice says, “‘Home is the place where, when you have to go there, They have to take you in.’” And the other voice responds with, “‘I should have called it Something you somehow haven’t to deserve.’”
In Sunday’s Gospel, Jesus tells us about our eternal home. “In My Father’s house are many mansions,” [he says]; “if it were not so I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.” (John 14.2-3)
As nice as our earthly homes are—this home—our heavenly home—is the best home we will ever know.
Collect of the Day
O God, You make the minds of Your faithful to be of one will. Grant that we may love what You have commanded and desire what You promise, that among the many changes of this world our hearts may be fixed where true joys are found; through Jesus Christ, Your Son, our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever.