…Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.” (John 20:19)
HYMNS FOR THE WEEK
- Opening Hymn “He’s Risen He’s Risen (LSB 480)
- Hymn of the Day “O Sons and Daughters of the King” (LSB 470)
- Communion Distribution Hymns
- “Our Paschal Lamb That Sets us Free” (LSB 473)
- “O Christ, Our Hope, Our Hearts’ Desire (LSB 553) Text here.
- “These Things Did Thomas Count as Real” (LSB 472)
- “‘As Surely As I Live’ God Said” (LSB 614) Text here.
- “I Know That My Redeemer Lives” (LSB 461) Text under “show more” in video.
- “This Joyful Eastertide” (LSB 482) Text here.
- Closing Hymn “Come, You Faithfull, Raise the Strain” (LSB 487) Text under “show more” in video.
second sunday in easter
HE HAS RISEN, HE HAS RISEN INDEED, ALLELUIA!
Greetings are taken for granted in today’s society. We think of them as just a way to get the conversation started. “How’ya doin?” “I’m good.” “What’chya up to?” “Nothin’ much.” We more or less go through the ritual on autopilot. Most of the time, our greetings are just a polite exchange of conversation. Sometimes, these empty greetings lead to real conversation. Most times, they are merely a polite acknowledgement of the other person’s presence.
Today’s Gospel has a greeting in it. This greeting is not trivial. It is not a tired out old cliché. It is a great Gospel greeting full of grace and comfort. Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”
Collect of the Day
Almighty God, grant that we who have celebrated the Lord’s resurrection may by Your grace confess in our life and conversation that Jesus is Lord and God; through the same Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever.