…“It is finished,” and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit. (John 19:30)
HYMNS FOR THE DAY
- “Jesus, in Your Dying Woes” (LSB 447)
- “Stricken, Smitten, and Afflicted” (LSB 451) Text under “show more in the video.
- “Lamb of God, Pure and Holy” (LSB 434) Text click here.
- “Sing, My Tongue the Glorious Battle” (LSB 454) Text under “show more” in video.
- Communion Distribution Hymns
Listen to the Victor’s seventh and final word from the cross. In His thirst and Godforsakenness, Jesus cries out for His Father. Hear His anguished cry and marvel until you are healed once and for all.
Collect of the Day
Almighty God, graciously behold this Your family for whom our Lord Jesus Christ was willing to be betrayed and delivered into the hands of sinful men to suffer death upon the cross; through the same Jesus Christ, Your Son, our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever.